Thursday, September 6, 2007

very interesting last 24 hours


owen no longer has to wear the stinky dodger helmet!  his head is now properly shaped and it's no longer required.  i felt like a kid walking out on the last day of school when we left the doctors office down in san diego.  his first photo with his dr. approved head shape:

the next news came this morning.  we were off to the high tech OBGYN for an amnio.   got up early and surfed as i generally do and when i was finished i started looking for a couple pieces of trash to throw away on my way across the beach as i always do.  right in front of me as i get out of the water is this:




i saw this as an early indication of what the doctor would be telling me in a few hours.  i was right.

3 comments:

termite said...

jp -

I came across this blog from the Surfy Surfy blog. I was bored at work and surfing around the internet. I hope I am not prying. If so just ignore this entry, but I was just curious what issues your son has.

I too have a son named Owen. He was born with a number of medical challenges so I can relate. The good news is he's got a very strong will and is really doing well. Anyhow I hope the best for your son and your family.

CD

p.s. I really like the surfy surfy blog. I check it almost every day. I own a few boards glassed by moonlight. Impeccable work!

rox said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY for GIRLS! I'm SO HAPPY for y'all!

JP said...

haven't checked this in a while, but i thought i'd answer your question chris. we're quite lucky that owen only had a case of plagiocephaly, a misshaped head. he wore the helmet from 5.5 months thru 9.5 months and it acted as braces for his head shape.

thanks for checking.

jp